Our firm’s banking and lending practice is focused on advising investment banks, financial institutions and governmental agencies in important regulatory matters, lending transactions and day-to-day operations. As such, we are able to offer our clients direct insight into the financial markets environment, enabling them to anticipate issues, manage risks and succeed in their endeavors. We are able to advise in a wide range of lending facilities such as secured loans, working capital loans, bridge loans, cross-border loans, investment grade loans and leveraged financings.
We know what commercial banking in contrast to investment banking. The trends in banking regulation moving from a narrow focus to a broader model of general, financial services supervision. The legal relationship between a bank and its customers, such as contract formation, general terms and conditions, and boiler plate language in general.
Our team will assist you in:
- Drafting basic forms of loan agreements
- Standard Euro loan documentation, Euro Loan, I, II, III
- The function of security, types available, their purposes and limitations, Security, I, II
- Funds transfer and payment systems.
- Risk management and the impact of Basle II and capital adequacy requirements.
- Liabilities-Side of Balance Sheet and Asset-Side of Balance Sheet
- Compliance / International Compliance Management / Audit, German Securities Trading Act / WpHG-Compliance, Bank and Capital Markets Law, MiFID II // MAR // EMIR // MiFIR // CRAR III (Credit Rating Agencies Regulation) // SFTR (Securities Financing Transactions Regulation), MaRisk, MaComp, FATCA/CRS.
- Investment Banking
Theoretical and practical aspects on insolvency litigation with cross-borders elements in the Republic of Moldova and other countries
Insolvency with cross-border elements is an increasingly stringent topic against the background of trade relations globalization. The free movement of people and goods all over the world and the economic ... Read More
POPA&Associates participated at the International Spring Conference in Barcelona
On 1-4 of May, the Senior Partner of POPA&Associates, Igor POPA and two of our Off Counsels, Grigore POPA and Sergiu AUZEAC, participated at the International Spring Conference in Barcelona, ... Read More
"Collaboration with Popa and Associates gives us security, protection and maximum privacy we need for the quality and prosperity of the activity we carry out."
"The Popa & Associates law firm has a team of professional lawyers with vast experience in their field of work. They are trustworthy, discreet and well organized people who offer high quality legal assistance. "